Created by: Robbie Davidson

20091104

Turkey facts


Wild turkeys are covered with dark feathers that help them blend in with their woodland homes. The bare skin on the throat and head of a turkey can change color from flat gray to striking shades of red, white, and blue when the bird becomes distressed or excited.Wild turkeys (Meleagris gallopavo) live in woods in parts of North America and are the largest game birds found in this part of the world. They spend their days foraging for food like acorns, seeds, small insects and wild berries. They spend their nights in low branches of trees (yes, wild turkeys can fly!).

29 comments:

Mike said...

I wonder if wild turkeys and farm turkeys would taste the same.

janice said...

I never saw a live turkey except on tv

tom said...

i like kids nutty news

Marge said...

We always have turkey for thanksgiving dinner.

Brad said...

I herd a turkey gobble once. It was funny.

Marge said...

My dad has been turkey hunting before.

Juan said...

I didnt know turkeys could fly.

Tammy said...

I like the little Thanksgiving guys.

bart said...

I lilke thanksgiving.

cindy said...

I like kids nutty news.

Chris said...

I have some wild turkey feathers I found.

Anonymous said...

gobble gobble

carl said...

we are having turkey for thanksgiving

Tran said...

Thanksgiving is almost here. I am excited.

Brenda said...

I have heard Thanksgiving called turkey day.

martin said...

Thanksgiving is next week. I am so excited.

sam said...

I only have to go to school 2 days then it is thanksgiving vacation for 5 days. Horay

Me said...

Gobble gobble gobble. Happy thanksgiving

Brad said...

Yea. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

Betty said...

Did you have a good thanksgiving?

Todd said...

Christmas is coming.

Jane said...

Can you do a story about Rudolph the red nosed reindeer?

james said...

Can you do a story about santa.

Sarah said...

I like Kids Nutty News. I read it all the time.

Perry said...

Hi Kids Nutty News.

Jean said...

Can you do a story about Christmas?

Billy said...

Christmas is almost here. yea.

Susan said...

I am sleeping late every day on my Christmas vacation.

Tom said...

Santa comes tomorrow night. Yea.