Created by: Robbie Davidson

20120917

55-year-old domestic parrot died after squawking his last word: “Cheerio”


UK – The African Grey parrot Tarbu, believed to be one of the world’s oldest domestic parrots, uttered his final farewell to Nina Morgan, 89, as she made her way to bed.
He was so weak the next morning that he couldn’t manage his usual greeting of “Hello, my darling” and dropped dead from his perch.
The parrot was known for being vocal and would shout “Cheerio, bye, see you soon” to Mrs Morgan every time she left the house.
He squawked “woof, woof” at dogs, as well as calling “miaow, miaow” at cats that passed his window.
“The night before he died I went up to bed and he said ‘cheerio’ to me from his cage. It was the last thing that he said. More

7 comments:

Inez said...

Thats a long time to have a pet.

Mary said...

Poor thing. Makes me sad.

Butch said...

This is the first time I saw Kids Nutty News. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Poor bird. Sad.

Nora said...

Sad story.

Lannie said...

Cheerio old bird.

Beverly said...

This story makes me want to cry.