Created by: Robbie Davidson

20090906

Kangaroo facts


Kangaroos are the largest marsupial mammals. They belong to the Macropodidae family.
Kangaroo moves by hopping on its hind legs using its tail for steering and balancing while hopping at speed up to 40mph/60kmh. When kangaroo is moving slowly the tail is used as an extra leg and supports the kangaroo when it is standing on its hind legs. Most kangaroos can only move both back legs together and not one at a time.
Kangaroos are found in Australia, Tasmania, and New Guinea. They are grazing animals that eat grass, young shoots and leaves of heath plants and grass trees. Kangaroos need very little water to survive and are capable of going for months without drinking at all.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I thought kangaroos were only in Australia.

billy said...

Iwould like to see one.

Jack said...

Are they big or little.

casey said...

I wish we had kangaroos in my neighborhood.

Sam said...

I thought I saw a kangeroo in my back yard but it wasnt.

Murad Ali Khan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Khan said...

I have one question in mind? Can kangaroo really swim.
It is stated at http://animalstime.com/kangaroo-facts-kids-kangaroo-habitat-kangaroo-diet/

that they can swim but I do no think so owing to their unique body structure